People often ask me where I stay when I am in St Barth and if I own a villa there. The answers are:
1. My staff and I try to stay in as many different places as possible when we are on our inspection trips. It helps us to get to know our villas and hotels more intimately and pass on that information to our valued clientele when we are assisting with the selection process of where to stay.
2. I used to own a villa in St Barth but I sold it because I felt it might imply that I had a conflict of interest when suggesting a villa to one of my clients and it just so happened to be owned by me (even though it was the perfect match). So I sold my villa and built one on Virgin Gorda where no conflict exists. http://villaopendeck.com
When my husband Steve and I are living on St Barth we rent a villa for longer periods of time so that we don’t have to live out of a suitcase.
This year, we will be spending some time at Villa Everest in Vitet. The villa is so named because it is located on one of the highest peaks in St. Barth. The view is outstanding! It is so private and quiet up there.
Many upgrades and a few changes have been made:
• We bought a flat screen LED TV for the living room so that we (and you) can keep in touch and watch the news and sporting events on the satellite TV and we had new slipcovers made for the comfy couches
• We had a dishwasher installed in the kitchen because we do not eat out every night when we are there for extended periods of time. Although we dine out at least 4-5 times a week, we do enjoy eating in once in a while. It is very relaxing to dine poolside while gazing out at the stars and the twinkling lights of St Maarten in the distance.
• “Rain” Showerheads have been installed in the bathrooms
• There is AC in the living room
• We bought an iPod docking station
• We purchased a Nespresso machine
Other changes repeat clients will notice include the fact that that Villa Everest has a wonderful new maid Ida (pronounced eeda, the French way). Ida will keep your villa very tidy and she is SO nice. Another improvement is that I purchased some wonderful Ligne St Barth toiletries so that on that first evening, after a day of traveling, guests can take a nice relaxing shower under those great new showerheads while using superb island-made products.
What has NOT changed? The good things…
The owner who was a gardener by trade is still keeping the flowers blooming and tending to the shrubs and palm trees. He also cleans the pool and respects your privacy.
And…of course those beautiful sunsets!
I hope many of you will be able to stay at Villa Everest. It is very popular, so try to book early in order to avoid disappointment.